[Exim] verification in exim4

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Phil Chambers
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] verification in exim4
I am testing an exim4 config to check it does what my old exim3 one does. I have a
restricted list along the lines of that in section 41.5 (exim4 spec). I have
deliberately put a single local, but non-existent, address in the list and then done
an exim -bh test with exim3 and then exim4.

exim3 gives a "250 <list@???> verified" in response to the RCPT command. The
output shows that it extracts and parses the non-existent address but does not try
to verify it. exim4, however, gives "550 Unknown user "list" at "ex.ac.uk"" because
it has gone ahead and tried to verify the list member. If I leave the bad address
in and add a good address then exim4 gives "250 Accepted".

Is this what should be expected?

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter