Re: [Exim] forward mails in subfolder (maildirs)

Góra strony
Autor: Steve Haslam
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] forward mails in subfolder (maildirs)
On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 04:03:23PM +0200, daniel meier wrote:
> hello
>
> i'm a newbie to exim and couldn't figure out, how i can
> forward emails form a mailinglist (like this :-) into a subfolder
> of my maildir-directory. for instance:
>
> when the mailheader addresses to: exim-users@???
> it should go to folder <mymaildir>\exim-users.
>
> sorry for beeing so stupid, but i couldn't figure it out from the docs.

Option 1: Configure Exim to allow .forward files to be filters, and then:

# Exim filter
# this is .forward

if $h_List-Id: contains "<exim-users.exim.org>"
then
save $home/Mail/exim-users
endif

Options 2: Configure Exim to deliver mail by piping it into maildrop, e.g:

echo "|/usr/bin/maildrop" > .forward

or by writing a pipe transport to do it.

Then write .mailfilter:

if (/^List-Id:.*<exim-users.exim.org>/)
to "Mail/exim-users"

Persojnally, I have a router (Exim4) that sends the message to a pipe
transport for maildrop iff the users has a .mailfilter file. (Similar to the
procmail examples, only maildrop is for Maildir format).

HTH

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      Reading, UK                           araqnid@???