Re: [Exim] Backup MX ACL

Autor: Kirill Miazine
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Backup MX ACL
* Vincent Sweeney [2002-09-25 15:01]:
> I have a simple enough question regarding an ACL I am trying to create
> for exim-4.10. It is an ACL for any mail accepted for the @mx_secondary
> domain list (ie domains the server is backup for), I would like to
> restrict accepting the mail for just any domain that has an MX record
> pointing at my server as this is open to abuse.

You think so? I don't mind if somebody puts my machine in their MX
chain, but if I discover that, well, I'll probably just add the domain
to a list of domains to reject or something similar. I have had no
problems with abuse so far.

> Now I could use the "domains = ..." ACL option to restrict to all the
> destination domains to ones I control however this list is large and
> changes often so what I would like to know is there a way to restict the
> destination @mx_primary to my network? Basically somelike the "hosts =
> ..." ACL option but for destination ip addresses.

Embedded Perl comes into my mind. Might be other solutions though.

--
Kirill