[Exim] SMTP/POP3 Virtual domains with Filters

Autor: Doug Milns
A: Exim Mailing List
Assumpte: [Exim] SMTP/POP3 Virtual domains with Filters
Can anyone give me some pointers please? :)

I have a server running exim 3.33 hosting virtual email domains using
the alias file method as per the config examples. I now have a need to
be able to split off certain emails from a virtual domain then forward
the remainder on to an intermittently connected SMTP host. My current
method of doing this is to have a line at the end of the domains alias
file :-  "*:        domainmbox@localhost" having already filtered
off the necessary addresses to other pop boxes. I then have :-

# Exim filter
deliver $original_local_part@???

as a .forward file in ~"domainmbox/".

This works beautifully apart from the restriction with the deliver
command that it only operates for the first email address present and
completely drops any further addresses - particularly any on the cc
line. The idea is simply to redeliver the emails having altered the
domainname of the address - preferably without this being apparent to
the end user. Is there a better way of doing this? (I assume yes! :) so
how please ?