Re: [Exim] Frozen delivery failure notifications (invalid se…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Toralf Lund
Aan: Exim Mailing List
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Frozen delivery failure notifications (invalid sender) - again
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Toralf Lund wrote:
>
> > What if I set up an account or alias so that the address would be
> valid,
> > and add auto reply, "vacation" style (with a long or possibly infinite
> > reply interval) with a message that would explain it all, and encourage
> > people to block messages from this address?
>
> Where would the vacation reply be sent ?
> It would go to an address which is failing - that is why your existing
> message gets frozen.

Not quite. The message is a bounce to the sender address the abuser is
using (users002@??? in my case), which is not valid, and the
message is therefore frozen. Also, it is sent because the target address
of the original message, i.e. the spam, isn't valid, either. The sender of
the bounce, however, ought to be valid - it is typically
postmaster@<target domain for spam>.

But like someone else said, perhaps the postmaster in question wouldn't
want additional noise from me about this.

- Toralf