Re: [Exim] Host refused, please help needed

Author: Greg Ward
To: Jaume Obrador
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Host refused, please help needed
On 24 September 2002, Jaume Obrador said:
> I have problems sending to s.b.m.welters@???. That's what I recieve,
> which is the same than the log "mainlog" says.

Define "problems". The bounce you attached isn't terribly helpful. You
need to look at the reject log (/var/log/exim/rejectlog) on the system
that's rejecting this message, ie. the MX for wolmail.nl.

Oh, I see: that system isn't running Exim. In this case, you don't have
an Exim question -- you have a question for the people running
wolmail.nl. If you don't know who those people are, try
postmaster@???.

BTW, it looks like it should work now:

$ telnet smtpcp.wolmail.nl 25
220 mail.tiscali.be ESMTP Service (6.0.053) ready
helo cthulhu.gerg.ca
250 mail.tiscali.be
mail from:<obrador@???>
250 MAIL FROM:<obrador@???> OK
rcpt to:<s.b.m.welters@???>
250 RCPT TO:<s.b.m.welters@???> OK
quit
221 mail.tiscali.be QUIT

(Yes, I was impersonating you. Don't be worried.)

> Can you help me? Is it possible that exim doesn't like too many dots in the
> username part of an e-mail?

Whatever the problem is, it's not an Exim problem. Exim is just
generating the bounce message that you saw, that's all.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Very few profundities can be expressed in less than 80 characters.