Re: [Exim] Detecting and routing locally generated messages

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Detecting and routing locally generated messages
On 24 September 2002, Everton da Silva Marques said:
> How can one to reliably detect a locally generated
> message (issued by a locally running process)?

For a start, look at $received_protocol:

  -bm    "local"
  -bs    "local-smtp" or "local-esmtp" (I think)

Not sure about -bS. Experiment to figure out. Might even be documented
somewhere.

For SMTP to localhost, you need to check $sender_host_address -- it will
most likely be 127.0.0.1, unless the connecting process is playing funny
games.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/