Re: [Exim] Frozen delivery failure notifications (invalid se…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Greg Ward
Aan: Exim Mailing List
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Frozen delivery failure notifications (invalid sender) - again
On 24 September 2002, Toralf Lund said:
> What if I set up an account or alias so that the address would be valid,
> and add auto reply, "vacation" style (with a long or possibly infinite
> reply interval) with a message that would explain it all, and encourage
> people to block messages from this address?

I don't think you should do that, since it increases the total amount of
junk mail on the Internet. Anything you can do that *decreases* the
amount of junk mail is a good thing, and anything you implement that
*does not change* the total amount of junk mail is OK. But you should
never take action that will *increase* it, and replying to spam, or to
bounced spam, does nobody any good. (Ditto viruses.) It's just
collateral junk mail.

And besides, anyone who knows how to block messages from that address
will have already done so.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
We have always been at war with Oceania.