[Exim] Looking for Socrates - Advanced Spam Filtering

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Looking for Socrates - Advanced Spam Filtering
Hello Exim Gurus,

I did not do History in school because I have a less than perfect memory,
but I do recall there was a character called Socrates, whom I am told was
a great thinker. I don't know what he "thought out", but I believe I've
seen posts by some great thinkers in this list. Nearly Socrates ;-)

I've personally exhausted my thinking power, so I am at /etc.

Exim-4.10
FreeBSD-4.7-PRERELEASE

I have THREE classes of users:

1. Local users - they have system accounts
Mail is delivered to /var/mail via the localuser router.

2. Virtual Users - they have mappings, e.g.
   + user@???: some_local_account
   + Mail is delivered to /var/mail but via a router which is run before
     the system aliases router.

3. Virtual Users (MySQL) - these are purely MySQL based and even their
   + e-mails are delivered to a diff location than /var/mail. Specifically
     /var/spoo/virtual/${domain}

I have my Exim configure file at http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/RT2/configure.txt

What I am thinking about doing:

At the moment, I am doing spam filtering using procmail as the LDA for the local users
using the procmail router.

However I'd also like to implement spam filtering for the users in classes (2) and (3).
I's like to carry forward the same option that should any of them decide that they
don't want to have filtering, then I can exempt their ${domain} wholesale, and not
only one or two users. That would make my life a bit easier ;)

Any suggestions from the great thinkers is welcome.

Thank you.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@???>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
        -- Alfred Jarry