Re: [Exim] Rejecting bounce messages with multiple recipient…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Greg Ward
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Rejecting bounce messages with multiple recipients
On 23 September 2002, Mike Meredith said:
> I'm thinking of enabling :-
>
>     deny    senders      =    :
>         condition  =  ${if ! eq {$recipients_count} {1} {yes}{no}}
>         message    =  Invalid use of null sender

> to block mails with "<>" as the sender address *and* multiple
> recipients. The reason for this being the occasional mail virus/worm
> that uses this sender address.

Ooh, clever idea! Not sure what the RFCs say about this, but my
intuition tells me that <> with multiple RCPTs is bogus.

ote that eq is for string comparisons -- I think the condition should be
coded either

${if ! =={$recipients_count}{1} {yes}{no}}

or (IMHO better)

${if >{$recipients_count}{1} {yes}{no}}

Also, I belong to the "precise and useful SMTP error messages" school of
thought, so I would use

message = cannot have multiple recipients with null sender

instead. Not that anyone will ever actually read that message, but it
can't hurt to be clear and explicit.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
"Question authority!"  "Oh yeah?  Says who?"