Re: [Exim] creating monthly archives by user

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico Erfurth
To: Hal
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Betreff: Re: [Exim] creating monthly archives by user
On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Hal wrote:

> For a small consulting firm, I need to create a mechanism to create monthly
> archive files of all incoming mail for each of a series of local users.
> These archives will not normally be read, but will be accessed in special
> situations. The archive files need to be named for the near and month in
> which the message is received (e.g. 2002-09).
>
> From what I've read, I can think of doing it in a filter (personal or
> systemwide) or in a directory. What would be the best mechanism to use?
> The organization is using exim 3.35.

use an unseen director that runs after all your alias/forwarding stuff,
that accepts the mail and saves it via an appendfile transport to
/home/archive/$domain/${length_7:$tod_log}_$local_part

you can use the directors preconditions to determine between the users you
want to archive and the other ones

ciao