Re: [Exim] New exim code having DB writing problems

Autor: Kevin P. Fleming
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] New exim code having DB writing problems
Philip Hazel wrote:
> Hmm. I don't think I can be of much help. The return from dbfn_write is
> just the return value from the underlying write function for the DBM
> library that you are using. However, for a normal "write", 13 is
> "permission denied". Could that be the problem? Remember, Exim is
> running as "exim" when it is verifying and doing callbacks. What are the
> permissions on the files?
>

> --
> Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
> ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

> --

The db file and lockfile were created by exim, running as "mail:mail",
and are owned by mail:mail. The permissions on both are 0640. So it
seems that the 13 error return is something else entirely. Strange. I'm
doing the same sequence of steps that are used by the eqn code to update
the misc hint database, which I assume works properly.

Also, note that the _first_ store into the database works fine (when
Exim has just created the files). It's subsequent ones that fail.

(Doh! I just found the problem. A stray O_RDONLY was still on the
dbfn_open call.... Wonder how it worked for the first record?)