Re: [Exim] failed to find hostname from IP problem

Autor: Steve Haslam
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] failed to find hostname from IP problem
On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 02:11:56PM +0300, Svetoslav Alexandroff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using exim 3.36 on FreeBSD. Everything works perfectly but I noticed
> that I am getting the following error message when trying to send a message
> using SMTP:
>
> 550 relaying to webmaster@somehost prohibited by administrator (failed to
> find host name from IP address)

well, the mail server needs the IP addresses of the machines you are going
to send mail from in hosts_accept_relay. if you put IP addresses in, then
the hostname doesn't need to resolve.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      Reading, UK                           araqnid@???