Re: [Exim] Retry Rules and Hotmail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jerry Jorgenson
To: Rob Turner
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Retry Rules and Hotmail
On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 06:38:46 +0100
"Rob Turner" <rob.turner@???> wrote:

> Yes, I've been having troble with hotmail for weeks now too, it seems
> that's all my exim queue has in it, messages do usually go within 24
> hours(eventually). All of yesterday mx1.hotmail.com was returning out
> of memory errors from mailers at two of my sites.

Hotmail is throttling incoming connections. Paranoia says that this is the
second step in MSN becoming a monopoly provider. I can see the following
conversation:

User to non-MSN ISP: Why does my mail take X hours to get to hotmail from
your server?

Non-MSN ISP to user: It's MSN's mail service. Nothing we can do about it.

User to MSN: Why does my mail take X hours to get to hotmail from my ISP?

MSN to User: Get a hotmail account and this won't happen.

I seem to recall several non-Microsoft windows applications having the
same kind of conversation. These applications are no longer around.

Jerry

--
Jerry Jorgenson
jerry@???