Re: [Exim] [Fwd: Limiting spool space used by secondary MX]

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Nicolas Dorfsman
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] [Fwd: Limiting spool space used by secondary MX]
ndo@??? (Nicolas Dorfsman) [Wednesday, September 18, 2002 7:52
PM]:

> Le mer 18/09/2002 à 13:48, Suresh Ramasubramanian a écrit :
>> ndo@??? (Nicolas Dorfsman) [Wednesday, September 18, 2002
>>> So....nobody seems interested in this case.
>>> I believe I need to hack the source to enable such a thing.
>>
>> Try something like spooling mail with uucp on your backup MX.
>> That will get you far more control than just queueing up mail till your
>> customer's primary MX comes up.

> I don't really understand what you mean.
> Could you explain more ?

Consider that you are the higher pref MX.

Accept mail for your customer's domain, and spool using UUCP.

Then have the client pick up mail using uucp when his primary MX comes back
online (or have a router which routes mail using uucp)

C002 in config.samples for example.

When you treat each backup MX customer as a single uucp user, you can easily
set quotas.

    -suresh