Re: [Exim] how to say "never THIS message"

Autor: Dave C.
A: Leonardo Boselli
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] how to say "never THIS message"
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> I have noted that some MTA reply with
> 550: explain
> and explain say that the file did contain a virus and so is not
> accepted. an unknown MTA so consider it as a "Used does not
> accept any email from me" and so stop sending to that address.
> What is exactly the code (issued after receiving the message)
> for "I cannot accept now THIS message, and i won't ever accept IT,
> so do not retry, but you can freely try to send any other message "

The text after the message is not used by the MTA - it is solely for
human interpretation. Unfortunately, there is no code to do what you
want. The only standard recognized conventions for the numeric
'x' dont matter.

2xx    Success
3xx    Success, send more (used after "DATA" command)
4xx    Temporary failure
5xx    Permanent failure