Re: [Exim] smtp auth + courier userdb (solution)

Página Inicial
Autor: Vineet Kumar
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] smtp auth + courier userdb (solution)
* Vineet Kumar (exim-users@???) [020913 17:54]:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I apologize for a slight violation of netiquette by posting before
> lurking for a while.

This time I apologize for replying to my own post ;-)

> I've been integrating exim and courier imap, and I used Friso Kuiper's
> setup for incoming mail delivery as I found it in the archives. I also

I streamlined this part of the setup a bit as well, I think. Here's my
director:

vmail_smartlist:
    driver = smartuser
    local_parts = dbmnz;/usr/local/etc/userdb.dat
    home_directory = "${extract{home}{${tr{$local_part_data}{|}{ }}}}"
    transport = home_delivery
    user = vmail
    group = vmail

my home_delivery transport was one I already had, that delivers to
$HOME/Maildir instead of /var/mail/$user if it exists for any user:

home_delivery:
driver = appendfile
directory = $home/Maildir/
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
maildir_format
no_from_hack
prefix = ""
suffix = ""
create_directory = true

So for my courier vmail setup, I didn't even have to add an additional
transport; just set the home directory correctly and it delivers to
$home/Maildir. I already had my courier imapd maildirs set up in
/home/vmail/$USER/Maildir/ for each user, so this works perfectly.

For anyone looking to set up an IMAP server for virtual accounts, this
setup with courier and exim is very smooth, and highly recommended.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/