Re: [Exim] force a router to loop

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: edouard.boucher, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] force a router to loop
edouard.boucher@??? wrote:
> hi,
>
> Thanks to Nico Erfurth, i can force exim to loop in a router prefixing the mail
> address with a hash
>
> But I still dont understand why this router doesnt loop infinitly :
>
> loop:
> driver = redirect
> data = $local_part@$domain
> repeat_use = true
> check_ancestor = false
> redirect_router = loop
>
> is there something i didnt understand about check_ancestor and repeat_use ?

1.) you set both of them to the default value ;)
2.) AFAIK they just act on generated addresses, and is we know now, exim
checks the returned address, if it is the same as before, i think this
is to prevent loops, think of a forwardfile that looks like

user1:user1

you need to generate a NEW address.

ciao