[Exim] Exiscan 4.10-15

Autor: Jeffrey Wheat
A: Tom Kistner, exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Exiscan 4.10-15
Tom,

    Just patched and installed this on two machines. One of the machines
is a staging machine that I am using for testing spamassassin and the other
is the primary mail server. I am running in to a problem and I wonder if you
would consider adding something to work around this problem.

    Mail comes into the network via machine 1. Machine 1 is actively
performing virus scanning using sophie. Once the mail is scanned, select
emails are forwarded to the staging machine via .forward files. After doing
the upgrade, exim sees the exiscan tag and no longer processes the mail as
it is seen as having been done already and thus my spamassassin setup is no
longer running.

    After seeing this behavoir, I am not comfortable anymore. I can see a
situation where someone forges a mail header with an exiscan tag and sends
a virus. Our mail server sees the tag and allows it to go through without
checking? Is this how it works? It seems to be that way as my staging server
never checks mail.

Thanks,
Jeff

---