Re: [Exim] fallback server query

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Markham
Cc: Exim User (E-mail)
Asunto: Re: [Exim] fallback server query
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, David Markham wrote:

> I use the fall back in the delivery transport :-
>
> remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp
> fallback_hosts = host.domain.com
>
> I find though that I still have big queue which build up on my 2 main
> servers. I can see they are passing mail to the fallback, but I thought it
> worked on the first delivery fail it would send to fallback. Is this not the
> case?

It should work on the first *delivery* failure. However, there are other
kinds of failure. In particular, there are routing failures. Check your
logs to see whether the build-up of messages is due to routing delays -
e.g. DNS timeouts, etc.

The workaround for that is to stick in an intial "smarthost" router,
conditional on the length of time the message has been on the queue (use
$message_age in a "condition" option).