[Exim] fallback server query

Autor: David Markham
A: Exim User \(E-mail\)
Assumpte: [Exim] fallback server query
I have 2 mail servers which are accessed via dns round robin to share the
load -ish. I know its not the best way but there you go.

As I get a lot of email passing through these servers, and spam as they are
relays for ISP users, I use a fallback host to try and release some
pressure.

I use the fall back in the delivery transport :-

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
fallback_hosts = host.domain.com

I find though that I still have big queue which build up on my 2 main
servers. I can see they are passing mail to the fallback, but I thought it
worked on the first delivery fail it would send to fallback. Is this not the
case?

Plus does anyone know of anyway to speed up or chuck non deliveries or
anything which doesn't work first time from the main servers to get onto the
fallback host faster.

Cheers