Re: [Exim] Compile error

Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: John (TJ) Penton
CC: Exim users mailing list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Compile error
--
lør, 2002-09-07 kl. 23:18 skrev John (TJ) Penton:

> SUSE keeps its DB headers in /usr/include/db1, which I specify in
> Local/Makefile thus:

> CFLAGS = -I/usr/include/db1

> but it seems for that one compile line, the -I flag doesn't get included.
> I don't really know what I am talking about - is there something there
> that can be fixed or am I doing something wrong myself?

I wouldn't say you were doing anything wrong. Compilers of Openldap
2.1.x often report "incompatible version" on Berkeley BDB compiles -
lots of different software seems to want /usr/include/db.h.

I have bdb3 and bdb4 libraries on the same machine and the trick is to
make a symlink from the db.h you want to use to /usr/include/db.h.

Exim seems very happy with BDB 4.0.14, so I have '/usr/include/db.h ->
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include/db.h . If Exim wasn't happy with BDB
4.0, I'd simply redefine /usr/include/db.h to point to the bdb3 header
file.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:    http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981