Re: [Exim] exim and php? can it work?

Autor: Alexander Sabourenkov
A: Jeffrey Wheat
CC: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim and php? can it work?
Hello.

Jeffrey Wheat wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I am trying to get exim to work with php 4.1.2 using the php mail()
> function. I was able to make this work with sendmail, by using the
> sendmail_path="/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i" setting in php.ini. I have tried
> to change it to exim and so far have been unable to get it working. Has
> anyone managed to make this work?

The mail() function implementation in PHP is a horribly broken piece of code.

Not sure how you managed to get it working with sendmail, but to make it work
with exim we had to patch exim so that it set needed options when called as 'phpexim'
and reduce the sendmail_path php.ini setting to the path to 'phpexim'.

Anyway, the way to send anything but most trivial mail in PHP is to use special classes
that either do their own popen() or talk SMTP.

--

./lxnt