[Exim] Comments re: exiscan-4.10-15

Autor: Nicholas Blackaby
A: Tom Kistner, exim-users
Assumptes vells: [Exim] Announce: exiscan-4.10-12
Assumpte: [Exim] Comments re: exiscan-4.10-15
Tom,

I have downloaded and installed the latest available version of
Exiscan (exiscan-4.10-5) on my mail servers. The recent changes
are very good. You have improved an already excellent piece of
software!

However, please can I suggest some changes for the next version:

(i) Spelling mistake?:

It appears that you have misspelt "threshold" (the term "treshold"
occurs everywhere within the documentation and actual code).
However, correcting this could be inconvenient for users who have
already used the misspelt "treshold" in their Exim configuration files!

(ii) Typing error.

In the "doc/exiscan-readme.txt" file near line 281, you give an
example:

             exiscan_scanner_regexp_trigger = found in

in which it appears you have accidentally forgotten the "_av_" in the
option's name.

(iii) SpamAssassin support: request for extra features

Currently, when exiscan_spamd_condition = 1, a "X-Spam-Score"
header is added and this works very well. I was wondering if it would
be possible for exiscan to add other X-Spam- header lines similar to
the ones added by the spamassassin program. In particular a
header line indicating which tests had been successful would be
good. Also, would it be possible for exiscan to change the subject of
messages suspected of being SPAM (a configurable option)? I
suspect that their are some mail clients which are unable to filter
mail based on information placed in non-standard headers?

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nicholas Blackaby,