Re: [Exim] (no subject)

Autor: Greg Ward
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] (no subject)
On 06 September 2002, Chris Thompson said:
> Maybe this is what you needed to see:
>
> $ host -t ns gigigaga.net.
> gigigaga.net            NS      LAME20158.LAME-DELEGATION.ORG
> gigigaga.net            NS      LAME20159.LAME-DELEGATION.ORG

Yep, already figured that out. I don't *care* about the broken DNS
server -- it's just some stupid spammer. What I care about is the vague
"Temporary local error" messages scattered in my log file.

> It's a (deliberately) lame delegation, i.e. the official nameservers
> don't actually know about the domain.

Interesting. Does that mean the domain is registered, but the registrar
never supplied the NS records to the GTLD servers? Or something else?
(Yes I know this is off-topic; I'm just curious, it's not essential. If
you have a URL where I can satiate my curiosity, though, can you post
it?)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/