[Exim] SSO logins and Exim 4

Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] SSO logins and Exim 4
--
List,

Many of you are people with wide experience whose comments and help I've
used widely in implementing this and that. Even though I don't normally
ask for help. So I'd love to read their comments on this - either
negative or positive.

I've latterly (since June last) become an LDAP aficionado and use it
widely for Exim 4 (always, but always with TLS), as well as for the many
other things for which it's suited. I've even got ldaps authentication
to work for AUTH CRAM-MD5 - works necessarily differently from the
standard Exim 4 ldapauth, since the mechanism's completely different
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/sasl-mechanisms).

I find I'm moving more and more towards a work sphere that involves
replacing MS Exchange with Exim for SMTP (other things like Cyrus have
also to be implemented, as well as groupware). In this sphere, GSSAPI is
more or less the standard authentication, with Single Sign-On (SSO)
authentication. While the present Sendmail.org Sendmail supports this,
Exim doesn't - yet.

What do those of you with wider experience than me feel about this?
Would anyone like to see GSSAPI (Kerberos V) AUTH support for Exim 4, or
am I the only one? Haven't seen it on anybody's wish list. Neither can I
contribute with tailor-made APIs.

Just interested,

Best,

Tony

(Really glad Adam Williams doesn't contribute to or read this list: He'd
laugh fit to bust at the above).

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:    http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981