Re[2]: [Exim] error_message condition

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Peter A. Savitch
CC: Philip Hazel
Assumpte: Re[2]: [Exim] error_message condition
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Peter A. Savitch wrote:

> PH> senders = :
>
> Sorry, Philip, I'm not getting this. It looks like an ACL entry rather
> than router expandable condition.

No, its a router pre-condition. It tests for an empty sender. (Well,
actually, it's also an ACL condition.) Just do something like

name:
driver = xxxx
senders = :

and that router will run only if the sender is empty, i.e. you have a
bounce message.

> What is error_message test anyway? Does it mean that this is true if
> an error is generated by *this* Exim?

No. It is just syntactic sugar for

$sender_address is ""

> Another question. A pipe runs in a system_filter and returns
> negative status. Does Exim produce a bounce in this case?

A pipe does not run in a system filter. A pipe that is set up by a
system filter runs later in a pipe transport. Whether a bounce is
produced or not is controlled by the relevant options of the transport.