Re: [Exim] MTA presents bad HELO but won't take 'no' for an …

Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] MTA presents bad HELO but won't take 'no' for an answer
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > Is there a convenient way (exim4) to note at the HELO stage that the
> > presented HELO was bad, but defer giving them the bad news until the
> > RCPT TO stage? For such pathological cases, this would seem to me to
> > offer a better prospect of getting rid of them.
>
> Set helo_accept_junk_hosts to let them pass HELO.

Right, I'd got that bit (though I wasn't sure if it would put the
invalid HELO name into $sender_helo_name when

> Then use a regex to inspect $sender_helo_name in the ACL.

Would that be something like this?

  deny message = HELO/EHLO contains invalid syntax
       condition = ${if match {$sender_helo_name}{\N[^a-zA-Z0-9.-]\N}\
                           {yes}{no}}

or am I making it too hard?

thanks