[Exim] Failed to send message from address_reply transport e…

Autor: Simon Alman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Failed to send message from address_reply transport error
--
Hi all

I'm using exim 4.05 and have been trying to get the mail and vacation
functions to work via users filters .

Using the following .forward file:

#Exim filter

if error_message then finish endif

save $home/Backup/
deliver $local_part

mail
to $reply_address
subject "<VACATION> Re: $h_subject:"
expand file .vacation.msg
return message

Using the above filter when a user receives email I would expect a reply
message to be sent out with the correct subject and body.
However this is not happening and I am at a loss as to why, a reply message
is being generated but it is failing to deliver and getting stuck in the
queue instead. I have attached the forced delivery information <queue.log>
which gives the error shown in the subject line. I have also attached my
exim config for completeness.

Finally failing the above, I tried using the config outlined in C006 to try
and get vacation messages to work. Using the config exactly as specified I
still get:
"Failed to send message from address_reply transport error"

Any help/advice on how to get mail and vacation to work, as well as
information on the above error Re: address_reply transport, would be
gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Simon Alman
--
[ exim.conf of type application/octet-stream deleted ]