Re: [Exim] rsmtp: to many processes

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jochen Erwied
A: Joerg Sommer
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] rsmtp: to many processes

> Jochen Erwied schrieb :

>> Write a script containing:
>>
>> uucico -D -s<system>
>> exim -q

> I can't do this, because I start uucico on internet call in. So the line
> is held open, while uuxqt runs the batch commands and no data is
> transmitted. I don't want this.

Not quite right.

UUCICO starts commands every 'run-uuxqt <n>' jobs during calls, and
these processes run in background (to a maximum of 10, configurable
using the option 'max-uuxqts <n>')

So the connection won't stay up longer than needed, and not longer
than in your current setup.

Assuming you call uucico from .../ip-up (or whatever script you use on
internet dial-in), use the following script:

in ip-up:

.../do.uucico <host> &

instead of maybe

uucico -s <host>

do.uucico contains:

#! /bin/sh

[ -n "$1" ] || ( echo No host to call; exit 1 )

# -D: stay in foreground
# -q: don't run uuxqt
# -s $1: call out to specific system
uucico -D -q -s $1
# -s $1: run uuxqt for this system only
uuxqt -s $1
# empty the mailqueue
exim -q

This should give you a strictly sequential behaviour for processing
commands and mails.

If I remember correctly, NexGo (now Arcor) batches mails on demand, so
you get only one bunch of emails per call. So above solution may not
be needed anyway, since calling 'exim -q' from rbsmtp produces exactly
the same behaviour. Maybe you should put it into background.

--
mbs GmbH      | http://www.mbs-software.info
Jochen Erwied | mailto:Jochen.Erwied@mbs-software.info