Re: [Exim] rsmtp: to many processes

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Joerg Sommer
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] rsmtp: to many processes
Joerg Sommer wrote:
> Philip Hazel schrieb :
>
>>On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Joerg Sommer wrote:
>>

>>>The point at the default behaviour, that distrub me, is that there more
>>>then queue_run_max processes started for delivering a batch.
>>
>>The ONLY use of queue_run_max is to limit the number of queue runners
>>*started by the daemon*. If you start queue runners by other means, you
>>have to use your own mechanism for limiting their number.
>

> %-) I set queue_run_max to 4 and if I start exim -q it runs only 4 queue
> runners. I've never checked what happens if I send more the 4 mail
> parallel to exim, but I thought there would only run 4 processes to
> deliver the mails.

if you startup exim -q it is more or less a daemon, it just forks the
queue-runner prozesses, if you INPUT a new mail, with exim -bS it will
pack the mail into the queue and starts a DELIVERY process directly

The started process is not really a queue-runner, as it only delivers
the message you gave it.

you should have a look aht the smtp_accept_queue_per_connection and run
a queue-runner every 5 minutes or so (use exim -bd -q5m to start the
smtp daemon, or exim -q5m to start a seperated queue-runner daemon).

The "lack" of synchronisations is one of the best features in exim.

ciao