Re: [Exim] exim -t

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Randy Bush
CC: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim -t
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Randy Bush wrote:

> freebsd-stable
> exim 3.36
>
> this is an invocation without emacs.
>
>    /usr/sbin/sendmail -t

I don't believe you. :-) I am 99% sure it was actually

     /usr/sbin/sendmail -t rw@???

That would provoke precisely the message you got.

> A message that you sent using the -t command line option contained no
> addresses that were not also on the command line, and were therefore
> suppressed. This left no recipient addresses, and so no delivery could
> be attempted.

This is only given when all the addresses extracted by -t are then
suppressed because they also appear on the command line. Have a look at
the documentation for extract_addresses_remove_arguments. It discusses
the mess that is the "specification" for -t.