Re: [Exim] Exim 4.x Config samples for SMTP auth and SMTP ov…

Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: Hanasaki JiJi
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.x Config samples for SMTP auth and SMTP over SSL
--
tir, 2002-09-03 kl. 21:37 skrev Hanasaki JiJi:

> There are finally a few free minutes to contemplate an upgrade to Exim
> 4.x from 3.x.

Hope you're looking at 4.10.

> The config samples do not seem to have a sample to do SMTP
>     - over TLS?SSL? not sure which is the norm

STARTTLS and complete built support are documented well, in fact, and
work perfectly both as client and server, if correctly implemented.

>     - require id/pass validated with PAM auth

Not sure what you mean here. TLS doesn't require PAM. However, if you
want smtp AUTH, 3 AUTH methods are implemented, besides PAM - if you
need the latter.

> Could someone point me to a reference configuration on this? The docs
> were read serveral times failed to enlighten.

You need to search either the spec.txt included with the tarball, or
download the searchable .pdf docs. Whatever you use should be in one
whole and searchable using a browser, vi, emacs, Acrobat or whatever you
want. If you use the searchable docs as a base, as well as the mailing
list archives (and the FAQ, of course), you should be able to sort out
most problems for yourself.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:    http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981