[Exim] PATCH: Server-side SPA (NTLM) auth support

Autor: Tom Kistner
A: exim-users
CC: ph10
Assumpte: [Exim] PATCH: Server-side SPA (NTLM) auth support
hello,

I have extended exim's SPA ("Secure Password Authentication" - really
NTLM) authenticator to support exim as the server.

The patch is here:

http://duncanthrax.net/temp/exim-4.10-spa-server-auth.patch

Files changed are:

src/auths/spa.c
src/auths/spa.h
src/auths/get_data.c
src/auths/auth_spa.c

USAGE:

A new option for the spa authenticator is introduced
(spa_serverpassword). It can contain an expression to
find the cleartext password for the client. $1 is filled
in with the username passed by the client.

EXAMPLE:

Put this in your authenticators section in the exim
config file:

spa:
driver = spa
public_name = NTLM
server_password = ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/exim/spa_clearpass}}

The file /etc/exim/spa_clearpass should then look like this:

username1:password1
username2:password2

You can use other lookup methods as well, of course.

I tested this with Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP. Please give me some
feedback if you try the patch.

Philip: I CCed you in case you want to include this in exim
at some point.

regards,

/tom

--