Re: [Exim] Bug? Missing "FROM" address in SMTP communication…

Autor: Alexander Sabourenkov
A: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Bug? Missing "FROM" address in SMTP communication...
Hello.

Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 08:45:30AM +0200, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

[ ... ]

> But yes, new software should be written to 2821 and 2822 rather than 821 and
> 822.

By the way, has anyone exact reference about null sender in the recent RFCs?
RFC2821 says it replaces RFC1123 in this context, but I haven't found there anything
explicitly saying that SMTP servers MUST NOT reject messages solely because they're from null sender.

The text at rfc-ignorant.org also points to RFC1123.

--

./lxnt