Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Bug? Missing "FROM" address in SMTP commun…

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Marc MERLIN
CC: Steven Christensen, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Bug? Missing "FROM" address in SMTP communication...
marc_news@??? (Marc MERLIN) [Tuesday, September 03, 2002 12:27 PM]:

> Mmmh, that depends on the settings (that's not true by default), and
> I know exim 4 actually rejects the RCPT TO, not the MAIL FROM.
> I'm not too sure about exim 3 anymore.

I didn't phrase it properly - exim rejects well into the DATA phase in this
situation.

> You could argue that rejecting any mail violates RFCs, but quite
> frankly, I could argue back the other way :-)

Not given the fact that we use ~ 8 DNSBLs and a whacking great local
blocklist of IPs and domains ... and that isn't my argument at all.

Given the OP's situation, I just assumed that this was the reason why
Bellsouth blocked his NDN, not because they have exim configured to reject
MAIL FROM:<>

    --srs