[Exim] STARTTLS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian Barnes
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] STARTTLS

I am running a freebsd 4.6 server with exim 3.36. I am using TLS and
AUTH for SMTP. The problem is when i try and connect to the server
from a select few machines, i get a 500: Unknown command error. This
is strange as it works from other machines fine. I telnet into port
25, this is what i type :

220 cerebellum.za.net ESMTP Area (www.area.co.za) Mon, 02 Sep 2002
09:18:12 +0000
ehlo locahost
250-cerebellum.za.net Hello locahost [196.30.239.35]
250-SIZE 3145728
250-PIPELINING
250-STARTTLS
250 HELP
starttls
220 OpenSSL/0.9.6beta go ahead

it works from the machine im using now, but when i goto the other
machines, after i type starttls i get the 500: unkown command error.
The machines im trying to connect from are Windows 95 and 98
machines. The machine im connected from now is also a windows
machine, and the other machines that do work are also all win9X
machines.

Anyone know of any configuration settings or something that would
sort this problem out.

Thanks in advance
Ian Barnes

Email: ian@???