Re: [Exim] Setting up a backup mail server?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Juha Saarinen
To: Mr OCP, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Setting up a backup mail server?
Mr OCP wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm looking to set up a two-mail-server system where both servers
> hold and receive the mail for a single domain. Both servers are to
> hold exactly the same mail, so that each message sent to the domain
> would wind up on both servers. What I want is for both servers to be
> MXs of the domain, and for one server to, in addition to performing
> local delivery when e-mail is received, automatically send the e-mail
> to the other.
>
> Is there any way to do this? Please cc all replies to me.

By using 'rsync' or something similar?

Having both servers as the mail exchangers for the domain complicates
things, as you'll have to figure out a mechanism that either synchronises
the mail stores on both servers with each other, or forwards sent and
received mail from one server to the other. Bit messy really. What are you
trying to achieve?

--
Juha