[Exim] +smtp_connection and ports

Autor: Mike Richardson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] +smtp_connection and ports
As far as I can tell the only place that the destination port of an incoming
connection is logged is on the '<=' line. What I'd find really useful is if
the port was also logged with smtp_connection lines. This way when someone
makes a connection but fails to send a message I can see which port they are
trying to connect on.

I can't see how this is possible at the moment. Could it be added to
the wish list?

(We're running an authenticated system and have exim listening on
a variety of ports to try to get around (transparent) proxying.)

Thanks

Mike
--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2002       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing