Re: [Exim] Bind configuration with exim

Author: Jim Knoble
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Bind configuration with exim
[Ack. Wrong reply key. Sorry, Suresh. Must check mutt
configuration....]

----- Forwarded message from Jim Knoble <jmknoble@???> -----

Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 01:10:00 -0400
From: Jim Knoble <jmknoble@???>
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???>

Circa 2002-Aug-30 12:54:48 +0800 dixit Suresh Ramasubramanian:

: mr_ocp@??? (Mr OCP) [Friday, August 30, 2002 12:49 PM]:
:
: > My boss has advised me to configure bind on our mail server, I am a very
: > junior sysadmin and our senior sysadmin is on vacation, therefore I will
: > very much appreciate if someone may guide me do that, I know it will be
: > caching bind configuration, I need to know brefiley how to do that.
:
: Deadrat, at least, has something called the caching-nameserver RPM. Or you
: could try http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/dnscache.html

If you want a caching nameserver, you don't want BIND. Use the
dnscache component of djbdns. It's incredibly easy to set up.

There's even more info about djbdns at the following locations:

  http://www.djbdns.org/
  http://www.fefe.de/djbdns/        <--(This has Felix von Leitner's
                                        high-quality FAQ).

: Oh, the first thing you ought to do, before installing these, would be
: "RTFM".

That's probably the second thing to do as well....

--
jim knoble | jmknoble@??? | http://www.pobox.com/~jmknoble/
(GnuPG fingerprint: 31C4:8AAC:F24E:A70C:4000::BBF4:289F:EAA8:1381:1491)

----- End forwarded message -----