[Exim] exim 4.05 on Jaguar

Autor: Lars Weiler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] exim 4.05 on Jaguar
Hello,

I wrote a message to the newsgroup comp.mail.misc but as
expectet I didn't received an answer. So I try it again
here ;-)

Because of that sendmail sucks ;-) I want to install exim
4.05 on Jaguar (Mac OS X.2). On OS 10.1.x it the compiling
process was no problem.

Now I had first to patch the file os.h-Darwin and add
#define NO_IP_VAR_H, because Jaguar doesn't provide the
header-file netinet/ip_var.h.

But later it stops the compiling process with the error:
[...]
gcc -c -O -I. -I/usr/include -I/sw/include smtp_in.c
smtp_in.c: In function `smtp_start_session':
smtp_in.c:1059: storage size of `ipoptblock' isn't known
smtp_in.c:1105: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
smtp_in.c:1137: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[1]: *** [smtp_in.o] Error 1
make: *** [go] Error 2

I asked google and the mailing-list-archive about this
failure-message, but I can't find anything.

It seems to me that the struct-prototype (or however you may
call it) ipoptblock isn't available in Jagaur any more.

Any suggestions to fix it?

TIA and Regards, Lars