Re: [Exim] Configuration for a quick forwarder

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Nick
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Configuration for a quick forwarder
Nick wrote:
>     Hello,
>     I just want exim to forward incoming messages, Currently I host
> about 50 domains and I would like to set all of their MX records to my
> exim machine. I imagine I would just need a domains and an aliases file to
> simply
> forward all incoming messages for those domains back out to whatever address
> my customer would like, no storing, no filtering etc...
> I looked at the archives and example configs and did not find exactly
> what I was looking for. does anyone have an example config I could work
> with?
> and what options what you recommend I disable to speed up the forwarding
> process?
> Thank you all in advance

remove all routers, except the lookuphost router and add a new one like
this after the lookuphost router

forward_router:
   driver = redirect
   allow_fail
   data = ${lookup {$local_part} lsearch*\
      {/etc/exim/domains/$domain}{$value}{:fail:}}
   qualify_preserve_domain

/etc/exim/domains/$domain should look like
localpart: new_address@otherdomain
other_localpart: new2@newdomain
*: catchall@otherdomain

your local_domains list should look like this

domainlist local_domains = @:dsearch;/etc/exim/domains

This is just one way to do it, and there are MANY more.
(TMTOWTDI)

ciao