Re: [Exim] Router preconditions

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Router preconditions
Philip Hazel wrote:
>>virtual_blacklist:
>>   driver = redirect
>>   senders = ${if exists{/etc/exim/blacklists/$domain/$local_part}\
>>        {${readfile{/etc/exim/blacklists/$domain/$local_part}{:}}}\
>>        {}}
>>   allow_fail
>>   data = :fail: Blacklisted

>>The last one will work as excpeted, but looks HORRIBLE, IMHO.
> You could make it look a bit nicer by using a macro for the file name.

I did not really complain about this ;)
I'm happy that exim (especially exim4) provides us with possibilities to
work around such things.

>>My suggestion would be to move the require_files conditions at the top
>>of the router-preconditions, because most options can be used with files
>>as argument.
> This is one that I cannot win.
>
> The reason require_files comes last is so that you can have settings
> such as
>
> domains = .....
> require_files = /xxx/xxx/$domain
>
> or even a require_files that uses $sender. :-)

I can't imagine a configuration where this is a real problem, but others
maybe can ;)

> I certainly don't want to change it now, because it would be
> incompatible, and I expect it would break some people's configurations.

Maybe the best thing would be to check them in the order they are given,
i know that's not easy possible in the way they are implemented now, but
maybe in exim5 ;)

ciao