Re: [Exim] Router preconditions

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Router preconditions
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Nico Erfurth wrote:

> virtual_blacklist:
>    driver = redirect
>    senders = ${if exists{/etc/exim/blacklists/$domain/$local_part}\
>        {${readfile{/etc/exim/blacklists/$domain/$local_part}{:}}}\
>        {}}
>    allow_fail
>    data = :fail: Blacklisted

> The last one will work as excpeted, but looks HORRIBLE, IMHO.

You could make it look a bit nicer by using a macro for the file name.

> My suggestion would be to move the require_files conditions at the top
> of the router-preconditions, because most options can be used with files
> as argument.

This is one that I cannot win.

The reason require_files comes last is so that you can have settings
such as

domains = .....
require_files = /xxx/xxx/$domain

or even a require_files that uses $sender. :-)

I certainly don't want to change it now, because it would be
incompatible, and I expect it would break some people's configurations.