[Exim] a big exiscan problem

Autor: Margrit Lottmann
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] a big exiscan problem
We are using
exim (Version 3.36) + exiscan (perl)

At normal times it works good. But if we have delivery problems,
we get queues with 10000 emails and more which are delayed for a
too long time.

The problem is:

Every delayed message will be ever and ever accessed by exiscan
scanchilds ... too many operations with the files of these messages.

What can I do???

exim 4... with local_scan ... we won't compile it before 11/2002...

Is following possible ???
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

If exiscan scans a message and founds an already scanned message
   --->>> remove message from the origininal spool directory and
          copying of data and header files from this message
          to a separate special spool directory of another exim process,
          which works without "-bd": exim -q... and which operates
          with the special spool directory

  --->>> I hope, that this method can prevent multi-reading of already
         scanned messages by scanchild processes and the delivery of these
         messages works with the normal retry-rules(special db directory
         for this exim configuration)

???

MfG Margrit Lottmann

  |                                             phone : +49 391 67  18572 |

  |                            +49 391 67  12819 |

  |              Margrit Lottmann                 fax : +49 391 67  11134 |
  | Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg                              |
  | Universitaetsrechenzentrum, URZ-N                                     |
  | Universitaetsplatz 2                                                  |
  | D-39106 Magdeburg,  Germany                                           |
  |              Margrit.Lottmann@???                       |