[Exim] Exim SMTP AUTH as Client / Multiple Accounts on one S…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Michael Jakscht
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Exim SMTP AUTH as Client / Multiple Accounts on one Server

Hello to everyone!

So in the past you helped me a lot with by business work, and I have to
thank you all for that!
But now I need your help on my private exim 3.36 MTA.
OK so now here is the connstellation:

My provider (kontent.de) changed from one to the other day without
sending any information their MTA system to Sendmail with Exim and
Cyrus.
OK, when sending mails, I have to authenticate to their Mailserver (and
these folks are changing the IP of their mailservers quite often... :-((
,,, so more and more attention goes to my iptables firewall... :-(( ).
I authenticated with a global account for my domain jakscht.de with the
user name "jakscht_de".
This worked till now.
Also every single mail account has it's own name with what you can
authenticate yourself such as for michael@??? it would be
"jakscht_de_003".
So what they did is they powered down this global authentication
mechanism and when you now send mail you have to authenticate with the
right mailbox name.
Now I have three mail adresses which I'm sending mails with, these are
webmaster@??? (jakscht_de_001), michael@???
(jakscht_de_003) and register@??? (jakscht_de_006).

How can I tell exim to take the right authentication mechanism (or
section) in the exim.conf that exim knows which one to choose to
authenticate???
I thought of making use of conditions in the routers section and from
there on take the explicit transport. So far I think it should work, but
do I have the option to set a transport using just one exact
authentication section??

As far as I understood this goes by the host name to which mail is being
sent out to. But this doesn't work anylonger for me...

I hope and pray you can help me here again!

Thanx a lot!

Michael