[Exim] Building exim-4.10 for OSX 10.2 / Darwin 6.0

Autor: Christopher M. Smith
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Building exim-4.10 for OSX 10.2 / Darwin 6.0
Hi all--

I've been experimenting with building exim-4.10 for Darwin 6.0
on my laptop, and I haven't been fully successful yet and I wanted
to run a few things by you all. I'm very new to this list, so please
LART me if I do something I shouldn't :)

The first thing I noticed when building for 10.2 is that 10.2 does
not have the ip_var.h headers. Thus, when building, the
error as follows crops up:

cc -c -O exim_dbmbuild.c
exim.h:260: header file 'netinet/ip_var.h' not found
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
basic mode
make[1]: *** [exim_dbmbuild] Error 1
make: *** [go] Error 2

easily fixed by adding #define NO_IP_VAR_H to the OS/os.h-Darwin
header file.

I also modified the CC variable set in OS/Makefile-Darwin to use gcc
instead
of cc. The next problem I run into (which I have not figured out yet
is the
following error when compiling smtp_in.c:

gcc -c -O -I.    smtp_in.c
smtp_in.c: In function `smtp_start_session':
smtp_in.c:1059: storage size of `ipoptblock' isn't known
smtp_in.c:1105: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
smtp_in.c:1137: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[1]: *** [smtp_in.o] Error 1
make: *** [go] Error 2

I have done find / exec greps down into /usr/include,
/usr/local/include, and the
exim sourcetree and have not been able to locate 'ipoptblock'. Any
ideas on
how I might sneak by this?

When I am done, I'd be happy to write up some info on building Exim
4.10 and
contribute a patch once I get this working.

Thanks in advance,
CMS