Re: [Exim] Should I allow "MAILER-DAEMON@" as a sender witho…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ralf G. R. Bergs
Para: Dave C.
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Should I allow "MAILER-DAEMON@" as a sender without verification?
On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:13:59 -0400 (EDT), Dave C. wrote:

> [...]

response
>> rz.bayernoil.de

used
>> as a

>> they

doesn't
>> accept

configuration?
[...]
>> Do I understand you correctly that you are suggesting I ALWAYS accept

messages
>> from MAILER-DAEMON@anydomain without verification?
>
>Not messages with an _envelope_ sender of MAILER-DAEMON@... But you
>should'nt reject a message merely becuase its headers contain
>MAILER-DAEMON@...

Of course I wouldn't do such a thing -- please see my original question above.

>> >If this site wants to send mail with an envelope sender of
>> ><MAILER-DAEMON@theirdom>, then they have to be prepared to accept a
>> >bounce message in return to that address (where exim will properly use
>> ><> as the env sender), if that message was underliverable at your site.
>>
>> And that means what in my case?
>
>I wouldnt do anything special. If the address doesnt veryfy ( and you
>want to verify addresses ) then dont accept them.

Ok, that's easy enough. :-)

>Its really up to you..

Sure, but I'd like to Do The Right Thing(TM), and I wasn't sure what to do in
these "esoteric" cases. :-)

Thanks,

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\