Re: [Exim] Should I allow "MAILER-DAEMON@" as a sender witho…

Página Inicial
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Ralf G. R. Bergs
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Should I allow "MAILER-DAEMON@" as a sender without verification?
yOn Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:26:58 -0400 (EDT), Dave C. wrote:
>
> [...]
> >> I just noticed that some auto-reply was blocked by Exim 4.1 because the
> sender
> >> mailbox isn't accepted on the sender's MX:
> >>
> >>   sender verify fail for <MAILER-DAEMON@???>: response
> >>     "RCPT TO:<MAILER-DAEMON@???>" from fw-btv-
> rz.bayernoil.de
> >>     [62.153.86.59] was 550 Mailbox unavailable: This site may not be used
> as a
> >>     relay agent.

> >> Should I always accept senders of MAILER-DAEMON@ without verifying that
> they
> >> really exist, or can one say that the sender's MX is broken if it doesn't
> accept
> >> mail to MAILER-DAEMON@ and thus I should NOT change my Exim configuration?
> Any
> >> pointers to some relevant RFC?
> >
> >Bounce messages should not have <MAILER-DAEMON@wherever> as their sender
>
> The original message WASN'T a bounce message -- it was a vacation auto-reply.

A vacation auto-reply should be sent in the same manner as a bounce
message.

> >address. If you are verifying headers, then perhaps you should consider
> >allowing MAILER-DAEMON@anydomain as valid.
>
> Do I understand you correctly that you are suggesting I ALWAYS accept messages
> from MAILER-DAEMON@anydomain without verification?

Not messages with an _envelope_ sender of MAILER-DAEMON@... But you
should'nt reject a message merely becuase its headers contain
MAILER-DAEMON@...

> >If this site wants to send mail with an envelope sender of
> ><MAILER-DAEMON@theirdom>, then they have to be prepared to accept a
> >bounce message in return to that address (where exim will properly use
> ><> as the env sender), if that message was underliverable at your site.
>
> And that means what in my case?

I wouldnt do anything special. If the address doesnt veryfy ( and you
want to verify addresses ) then dont accept them.

Its really up to you..