Re: [Exim] Virtualhosting

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Rick Terrill
Para: Søren Hansen, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Virtualhosting
At 02:28 PM 8/26/2002 +0200, Søren Hansen wrote:
>--
>I've previously asked how to "emulate" qmails behaviour regarding
>virtualhosting (/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains and .qmail-foo), but I
>now have to option to move everything over to exim, and the number of
>hosted domains are relatively small, so going from one idiom to another
>would be feasible, so I'd like to hear how virtualhosting is usually
>accomplished using Exim.. Different scenarios and different solutions
>would be very welcome..
>
>--
>Salu2, Søren.
>--
>
>[ signature.asc of type application/pgp-signature deleted ]
>--
>
>--

I just recently switced a handful of qmail vhosts to exim and was able to
keep things fairly "qmail-ish" and was able to keep the whole system fairly
simple.
Maildirs are kept in ~exim/virtual/$domain/$local_part/Maildir
All virtual domain configuration (system-less usernames/passwords,
local_part mappings, etc) are kept in /etc/exim/domains/$domain
Relaying is controlled via SMTP-AUTH
POP3 is handled by tpop3d. I looked all around for a simple pop3 server
that spoke Maildir and could authenticate non-system users from a
passwd-like flat-file. I've been very satisfied with tpop3d:
http://www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/tpop3d/

I think that's it. I haven't gotten around to .qmail forwarding. I'll
probably just redo the few forwarders that I have in whatever fashion is
outlined in the Exim specs.
If you'd like to see some of my configuration file (or have any other
questions), let me know.

Rick Terrill
pixels on parade